Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightstar (View Post)
Are there some good quotes from Jake and Zooey about Nick and Jess with those commentary? or from others?

I didn't know about Olivia and Justin ? really? oh my
They didn't talk too much about Nick and Jess from memory maybe they were trying not to say too much about Ness at that time but Liz did say that she loved the scene in the pilot where Jess comes out in Cece's dress and Nick is looking at her thinking wow-love the look on his face btw. I think Jake mentioned that they shot a near kiss in the pilot with Nick & Jess which Zooey had forgotten about but it got edited out. I think it mentioned on the DVD but I've seriously watched so much stuff I might be getting mixed up. jules or anyone else who has the dvd do you remember or I'll have to rewatch at some stage (not that that would be too hard to do )

Yeah I read that Olivia said she felt kinda weird coming in to play Nicks girlfriend cause she wants Ness together

Last edited by Donna_nz; 03-23-2013 at 07:25 PM
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Absolute Fan

It seems like they where trying to much to shut down Nick and Jess

Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

I feel like EVERY guest star who has been on New Girl wants Nick and Jess together.

Dermot (Rusell) expressed in interviews many times that he likes Nick and Jess. And even the actor who played Sam (David Walton) has said nice things about them.

For those who haven't seen it, here is a clip of Jake and Zooey and Liz discussing Nick and Jess chemistry and fanfiction at the Paley event from 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFYjDjzoGE

I hate one of the top comments about how Nick/Jess together would ruin the show, though! From what I'm seeing right now, Nick and Jess are giving the show MORE buzz and attention. And fans are THRILLED with the developments!!!! And New Girl is getting better ratings! So actually, Nick/Jess are bringing in more viewers!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I never understand the comments from people saying that Nick & Jess together would ruin the show! What show are they watching?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licia (View Post)
Can I be added please?
Love them
Welcome! You've been added!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscape12 (View Post)
I never understand the comments from people saying that Nick & Jess together would ruin the show! What show are they watching?!

Welcome! You've been added!

Me, too if it's not too much trouble!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaCuddy (View Post)
Me, too if it's not too much trouble!
You've been added!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Seriously, I feel like episodes 15 and on are the BEST episodes. It's like a light has been switched, and everything is more exciting now!

Like I never want to miss an episode. It's like I've got to know what will happen with Nick and Jess.

Fans have spoken. And everyone is happy with all the developments! We all just want more and more!

Walter and Paige

Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hear ya jules. There is so much momentum & excitement all around Ness that I look forward to the new episode each week to unwind and de-stress from the joys of work *yuck*. Actually the weeks seem to go slower to get to the new episodes at the moment and as someone said previously we are wanting the weekends over to get to the new episode?!? For me Pepperwood was when the show really kicked up a gear cause seeing Nick & Jess out on an adventure getting more screen time together and doing the physical comedy was magic! And it's only gotten better since then

I love how Nick is changing and Jess is kinda the catalyst. I was thinking before that for someone who doesn't like hugs in Table 34 and Parking Spot, Nicholas was the one giving or encouraging hugs with Jess. These little gestures make me all squeeee inside. For some reason I like the little bits of angst like Nick running after an upset Jess cause in those moments it's when it's 'real' and Nick has been at his most honest and open with his comments and to a degree makes Jess confront her feelings Man this show is killin it and me

Last edited by Donna_nz; 03-24-2013 at 12:25 AM
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Gosh, I forgot "Pepperwood." YES, that was such an amazing episode. I agree. I feel like the show just got so much better after that episode.

And you're right. Nick is now literally ASKING for hugs! LOL. This is a guy who Schmidt had to FIGHT to get a tiny hug. And now Nick is always trying to hug Jess!

In episode 19, which is such a strong episode, the last scene with Nick and Jess always gets to me because they are so honest there! Nick basically puts everything out there about how Jess wasn't clear about what she wanted, and that he didn't know, and so he went looking elsewhere. And then he just asks her "Do you wanna have sex with me? Yes or no?" We are seeing a more confident Nick which is rare! This is a guy who has low self esteem and self value. And yet, right when he found out that Jess wants him, it's like he feels more sure of himself. She brings out the best in him! And he brings out the best in her. I like that he basically put himself out there, and then Jess confronted her own feelings. I also love that she was the one who kissed him first this time.

And yes, you know a show is THAT good when you want for the weekend to end!!!!

I feel like there is just such a freshness to every episode now! Jake and Zooey are also finally being allowed to show ALL sides of their chemistry. Well, their chemistry is phenomenal. And the writers are actually letting them show all of it, finally!

And I can honestly say that New Girl is my favorite show now. No doubt about it.

Walter and Paige

Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And I can honestly say that New Girl is my favorite show now. No doubt about it.
Agreed!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:45 AM
New Fan

Totally agree with you guys. Altough its a comedy everything about them also seems very realistic to me. The writers are really doing everything perfect with this relationship.

I don't even want to think about the summer hiatus . I guess I'll just have to watch the first 2 seasons over and over and over again then .
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will watch it soooo much over the summer
Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

we will come up with something to make the hiatus go away I think we have some great ideas
Old 03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

As long as we have lots of Nick/Jess stuff!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I think they are going to give us good Nick/Jess stuff until the end of the season.
The fans waited really long for them to have some good scenes. They know that.